Chances / risks
Risks and chances are very close to each other and the success strategies of the past decades do not necessarily remain the guarantors for the future success. It is essential to recognise the challenges and risks in time and to set the right course on the part of the companies, research, development and education institutions as well as the municipalities. The chances and risks result from
- the globalisation and dependence on world markets,
- the limited natural resources not only regionally but also globally,
- an increasingly stronger social claim for ecologically and socially acceptable economies (sustainability),
- the acceptance problems for residents and consumers,
- the change of nutrition and food,
- emerging shortage of young people and skills shortage.